Thank you for your interest in the Game development majors at Champlain College. The Game Career Exploration Day has passed for 2017.
We would love to have you visit, however, and show you around campus and give you more information about each of our game majors. Please visit: champlain.edu/visit for your various visit options, or you can contact the Office of Admissions at:
Phone: (802) 860-2727
About the Game Career Exploration event:
- Check-in: 2:00—3:00 PM
- Campus Tours: 2:00—2:30 PM
- Casual Coffee Talk with Counselors & Faculty: 3:00—3:30 PM
- Welcome Presentation starts at 3:30 PM
Want to find out what it’s like to work in the video game industry?
This is your chance to get a look at the various available opportunities and what skills you need to land those jobs.
At our Game Career Exploration Day, you will learn the difference between what it takes to be a game animator versus a game designer or game programmer. You can also discover the various career paths on the business side of the industry, which offer many exciting management positions.
At the Game Career Exploration Day, you will:
- connect with the Game Studio faculty for a presentation and discussion on the distinctive nature of our multi-disciplinary, collaborative curriculum.
- meet faculty from each of the four game degree programs to help you determine what area of game production is best for you and your career in the game industry.
- be introduced to our Game Studio model in which students in multiple game majors come together to work as a team to learn how games are produced in the real world.
- meet with faculty of the game majors that interest you the most.
Game Career Exploration Day is of special interest to students majoring in:
- Game Art & Animation (Division of Communication & Creative Media)
- Game Design (Division of Communication & Creative Media)
- Game Programming (Division of Information Technology & Sciences)
- Game Production Management (Robert P. Stiller School of Business)